Black Point Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Black Point (5571) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 72 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Black Point is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Black Point was 194 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Black Point is 59 years of age.

84.9% of people living in the suburb of Black Point were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.2% England, 3.1% Germany, 3.1% Scotland.

98.4% of people living in Black Point speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Tagalog.

The religious makeup of Black Point is 30.6% Uniting Church, 25.5% No religion, 14.3% Anglican, 13.3% Catholic, 7.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.6% Lutheran, 3.1% Other religious affiliation , 1.5% Eastern Orthodox.

70.9% of people are married, 9.5% have never married and 10.1% are divorced and 3.9% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Black Point.

56.7% of the people living in Black Point over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Black Point has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Black Point are 33.9% Managers, 25.4% Technicians & trades workers, 15.3% Labourers, 10.2% Professionals, 10.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.1% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Black Point work in are 32.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 10.2% Retail trade, 10.2% Health care and social assistance, 6.8% Public administration and safety, 5.1% Accommodation and food services, 5.1% Education and training, 5.1% Other services, 5.1% Wholesale trade.

70.7% of homes are fully owned, and 11.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $336 per week and the median household income is $650 per week.

The median rent in Black Point is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $850 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Black Point postcode 5571

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Woodcroft 5162 -> Adelaide -> South Australia